Sunday 20 July 2014

The Body Shop Body Butter Review


Hello stars

I have not done a beauty post for a long time, so I thought that it was the right time to do a little beauty review. A couple of weeks ago I've got a little gift set with four different body butters. I already had two, so today I am going to review six of The Body Shop’s Body Butters. Which is something I have been using in the past month. 



Nr. 1: Strawberry

5 out of 5 stars

I have always loved the smell of strawberries, so of course I love this body butter. The strawberry fragrance lasts for at least an hour and then the smell slowly fades. After applying the butter soaks into the skin quickly leaving it hydrated and soft. I really love the packaging of the strawberry body butter and it's one of my favorites. Another thing that I love is that the body butter is pink!





Nr. 2: Shea

1 out of 5 stars

I hate the smell of this body butter, I think it smells like a perfume for men. I don't know why, but I just don't like it. I also think that the packaging is a little boring and I don't think I will buy it again. I am just not a girl that like the smell of nuts (if shea is a nut... I think it is, but i'm blonde so...)  







Nr. 3: Olive

4 out of 5

The Olive Body Butter is very natural. It have a nice and natural smell of olives, that I actually like very much. The fragrance is not overpowering and also good for sensitive nose as well. I don't like the color of the packaging, I think it looks old... maybe a weird thing to say (or write) but... that's my opinion. On the other hand, I really like the fresh green color of the butter. 








Nr. 4: Moringa

3 out of 5 stars

This body butter smells weird (like a moringa flower I think), I personally don't really like the smell. Thankfully the fragrance isn't very strong and doesn't last very long. The butter is hydrating and makes my skin very soft. It's not one f my favorites, but on the other hand, my mom loves it, so I think it depends from person to person.






Nr. 5: Pink Grapefruit

3 out of 5 star

In the beginning I loved it, the smell was amazing the packaging and color of the cream gorgeous - the whole thing was perfect and the body butter was my favorite. So why only 3 stars? The packaging and the color of the butter haven't changed - it's still super pretty. The smell... is just... I don't like it. I don't know how it happened, but after a week of using the product, I just think that the smell change (is it even possible?). Again, maybe it's just me. 



Nr. 6: Lemon

5 out of 5 stars

The Lemon Body Butter is also one of my favorites. The smell is very nice and fresh - I sometimes want to eat it... UPS. Maybe it's just me but I think the lemon butter is lighter and easier to apply than the others. I love the bright yellow color of the packaging as swell as the light yellow color of the butter.







Xoxo


Alexa <3

4 comments:

  1. Nice review.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an absolutely fan of the Body Shop body butters! I've tried so many of them, but the shea is my fave, followed by the cocoa and olive. They used to have a vanilla one, but stopped making it ;)
    Would you by any chance like to follow each other on Bloglovin?

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete